It’s the season of carving pumpkins, candy corn, haunted houses, costume parties, and trick-or-treating. That’s right – it’s Halloween!
Although it is an exciting time of the year for people around the world, it is important to remember that we still need to be cautious in order to protect ourselves and those around us from COVID-19.
Getting ready to take the kiddos trick-or-treating? Here’s how you can have fun while remaining vigilant about COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Wear a mask when you are trick-or-treating at people’s homes
- Stick with outdoor trick-or-treating in small groups
- Stay on the porch and do not enter the house
- Only accept and eat wrapped candy
- Eat candy at home, or after washing or sanitizing your hands
- Do not try on friend’s costumes that have been exposed to their face
Not trick-or-treating but expecting some fa-boo-lous visitors to stop by? Here’s you can help ensure they stay safe:
- Wear a mask and sanitize when handing out candy
- Hand out individually prepackaged and wrapped goodies
- Non-edible treats are a good option (like play doh, fidget spinners, etc.)
- Do not participate if you have COVID-19 symptoms or feel sick, even if you have been vaccinated
Happy Halloweekend, we hope it’s a fang-tastic one!