At the start of a new year, there is an emphasis on setting goals and intentions for the year ahead. This is a helpful way to kick-start wellness efforts and work towards positive life changes. Sometimes establishing these specific goals can come easily and other times, self-reflection may be required first.
If you are not sure what you would like to prioritize for your personal wellbeing this year, find a quiet space and time to journal or meditate on the questions listed below. Do your best to answer these questions in the order listed. Remember not to put pressure on yourself as you reflect and consider the answers to these questions.
Self-reflection Journaling Prompts:
1. Where do you hope to be on your wellness journey in three months? six months? 1 year?
2. What area of wellbeing do you feel like you have the most success and support?
3. What area of wellbeing do you feel like you need the most support?
4. What is one actionable step you can take today to move forward toward the area in which you need more support?
5. Who can you share this actionable step with to help with accountability?
Self-reflection is an essential first step of goal setting and often does not get the necessary attention at the start of a new year. Stepping back and taking the time to reflect and journal on where you want to be in the future can propel you toward your wellness goals.