We’re Vitality, improving people’s health around the world through best-in-class evidence, science, technology and most importantly our people. Vitality encourages changes in lifestyle that reduce health care costs, both in the short run and long term, by rewarding members for addressing their specific health issues. Vitality wellness programs serve companies in a wide range of sizes and industries, improving individuals’ health and well-being as well as employers’ bottom lines. Vitality brings a global perspective through successful partnerships with large employers and best-in class insurers around the world, in countries including the United States, United Kingdom, South Africa, China, Singapore and Australia. Join Vitality and transform health around the world.
Our Product Design team oversees the strategy, ideation, design, plan and execution of all digital products and features created for our members. We are seeking a UX Researcher to join our team.
As a UX Researcher, you will have your hand on the pulse of user needs and goals. You will provide actionable and meaningful data-driven insights that represent the voice of multiple users. You will collaborate across product, design and development teams to evaluate current and upcoming user research needs that help to improve product definition and drive business goals. Ultimately, your role as a UX researcher is to build up a picture of our target users based on their needs, wants, motivations, and pain-points. These insights will enable the wider design team to create user-friendly products based on real user feedback—not just our assumptions.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
We liberate the best in our people with an environment that allows everyone to bring their whole self to work. We believe our diverse backgrounds and distinctive personal experiences enhance our ability to deliver innovative products. We recognize the diversity of our members and the communities in which we live and work, and we aim to provide exceptional, inclusive support.
This position requires a passionate, curious, empathetic thinker and self-driven team player who has experience working in fast-paced environments while applying both generative and evaluative research methods to build a larger understanding of users.
What you’ll do:
Research Planning and Recruitment
• Collaborate with product, designers and stakeholders to understand research needs.
• Develop well-crafted research plans with clear research objectives.
• Write research screeners and discussion guides.
• Recruit targeted end-users for specific research studies.
• Moderate one-on-one usability sessions.
• Help develop and implement quantitative surveys.
• Conduct stakeholder, client and user interviews.
• Recommend and apply other research methods as needed.
• Extract insights about user behaviors.
• Translate user insights into actionable recommendations for the product team.
Presentation of Insights
• Present design research findings to the larger team in a clear and organized fashion.
• Craft personas and other “information radiators” (e.g. journey maps) to communicate insights across
the design and development teams.
• Work closely with the product team to identify research objectives.
• Establish and implement an overall research strategy.
• Help advance our UX maturity and contribute to our research repository.
Skills needed for success in this role:
· 3+ years conducting user research for digital products with demonstrated business impact on the products you worked on
· Passion for defining and solving problems
· Listen, observe, and ask the right kinds of questions to gather insights that can be turned into actionable ideas
· Deep knowledge of an array of user research methodologies
· Ability to frame key questions, create research plans to address those, conduct research, and synthesize the findings into meaningful, actionable insights
· Adherence to KPI metric-driven goals and exhibit KPI metric-oriented thinking
· Ability to expand on measurable outcomes
· Ability to plan design experiments – i.e., identify potential solution options for a stated user need and design experiments that help elicit the most viable solution for users
· Demonstrated skills developing use cases and scenarios, creating process flows, wireframes, and other UX deliverables
· Experience managing communications with clients and stakeholders
· Experience facilitating workshops with cross functional teams
· Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices
· Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation
· Strong project management skills, including the ability to execute several projects concurrently
· Experience with remote testing tools
Share your work
A portfolio of powerful case studies highlighting the context, process, and impact of your work is required for consideration.