As a Technical Sales Engineer at Vitality Group, you are responsible for all technical aspects of the sales cycle, as well as facilitating proactive discussions on technical strategy for the organization. You use your technical knowledge along with sales skills to provide advice and support on a range of products and providing deep expertise. You assist colleagues with bids and proposals for new clients from a technical perspective as well as assist with security assessment, providing essential input to win opportunities. You interpret prospective customer requirements and deliver customized, engaging product presentations as well as written language to match customer needs.
Technical sales engineers are a key point of contact for clients and provide both pre and after-sales advice. As a technical expert, you facilitate deeper dives with the clients into the technical requirements and capabilities as required by prospects and existing clients to facilitate a sale. You liaise regularly with other members of the sales team and colleagues from a range of departments, such as: design, development, product, quality, research, analytics, and senior leadership.
The position reports to the Director, Sales Enablement & Operations.
- Provide demonstrations, presentations, and trainings to help clients discover and understand Vitality’s full suite of products and services, both onsite and via conference calls
- Identify, evaluate, recommend, and execute opportunities in collaboration with sales, security, and systems
- Maintain current, deep technical knowledge of Vitality products and their evolution by attending development, systems, and security meetings as well as other internal meetings as identified
- Liaise with members of the sales team and other technical experts
- Interpret prospective customer requirements to deliver customized, engaging product presentations with written language to match customer needs
- Prepare and provide input for technical sections of RFPs/RFQs and security assessments
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education
- Provide post-sales support services and provide technical back up as required
- Meet regularly with the Sales team to review opportunities and sales performance
- Meet regular sales targets and coordinate sales projects
- Attend trade exhibitions, conferences, and meetings to support Sales demonstrations and identify new opportunities
- Prove the value of Vitality’s products and services to meet their expressed needs in terms of quality, price and delivery
- Liaise with existing prospects and clients to develop long-term relationships with clients through managing and interpreting their requirements and help in the design of custom-made products when appropriate
- Coordinate and conduct product trainings for external and internal stakeholders
- Communicate with product management and sales enablement on issues identified from field observations and customer feedback
- Contribute to the platform evolution by representing client needs
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, and anticipating future legislation
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Maintain accurate and timely records in Salesforce
- Assist in troubleshooting of operational issues as they surface
- Propose changes to systems and processes to fix root causes
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field
- 3-5 years’ experience working as a Sales Engineer or in a similar role, preferably with complex enterprise solutions
- Knowledgeable of the challenges faced by the healthcare market (to include provider and payer organizations); this includes HIPAA, data privacy, etc.
- Previous responsibilities for all technical aspects of the sales cycle
- Experience describing the structure, characteristics, and behavior of software
- Ability to put yourself in the customer’s shoes to figure out solutions that will best solve their needs
- Demonstrated ability to forge strong, long-lasting relationships with senior executives and key stakeholders
- Ability to creatively explain and present complex concepts in an easy-to-understand manner
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them to completion
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Positive, collegial approach and a high level of professionalism
- Willingness to travel
- Proficiency Microsoft Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook as well as Salesforce