Vitality Group, a subsidiary of Discovery Limited is responsible for the expansion of the Vitality Shared-Value Insurance business model beyond South Africa and the UK, serving to fully leverage the assets and intellectual property of Discovery beyond its primary markets. The business forms equity or contractual partnerships with leading global insurers to integrate Vitality and shared value with partner’s insurance and financial services products in the markets where they operate. Vitality Group also operates a business providing wellness solutions to employer groups in the United States. Vitality Health International, a business unit within Vitality Group coordinates and focuses on resource allocation to Discovery’s emerging, global health insurance initiatives. Vitality Group is also responsible for Discovery’s 25 percent equity investment in Ping An Health, the largest comprehensive medical insurer in China.
To date, Vitality Group’s businesses jointly reach more than 20 million lives across 38 markets (Argentina, Austria, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, France, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Macao, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Thailand, the United States, Vietnam and Zambia) as well as our primary markets in South Africa and the United Kingdom..
Our Product Design team oversees the strategy, ideation, design, plan and execution of all digital products and features created for our members. We are seeking a Product Designer to join our team. The Designer will determine the pain points and challenges of our users, identify opportunities, and implement workable solutions that are aligned with our business goals. The Designer will also contribute to the establishment of our design system, as well as our ongoing efforts to create a high-quality, consistent experience across our products.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to multiple digital project solutions running concurrently and working collaboratively with a multi-disciplined team
- Evaluate business requirements and define user needs, in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Create flows, sketches, wireframes, prototypes and other design artifacts needed to effectively communicate specific features and functionality
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders and guide the collection, synthesis and integration of feedback
- Confidently lead projects to success through clear communications, decisive action and stellar work
- Conduct usability testing, document results and suggest recommendations
- Work with, maintain and evolve a scalable design system to be used across platforms
- Contribute to other initiatives for the team
Skills needed for success in this role:
- 3+ years of experience designing for web and mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
- Confidence to think about high-level product vision, understand constraints, and contribute to a fantastic user experience
- Solid understanding of the design thinking process, as well as a passion and know-how for influencing design strategy
- Expert knowledge of Sketch or similar design tool
- Very strong attention to detail
- Experience partnering with user researchers
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- A solid and up-to-date understanding of best practices, developments, and trends in web, mobile, Human Interface Guidelines and Material Design
- A great attitude, collaborative spirit and openness to giving and receiving feedback
- Desire to learn, grow and teach skills to further your abilities and the abilities of the team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Experience communicating with cross-functional teams
- Experience designing for various groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Share your work
- A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and contribution to solving specific problems, as well as demonstrate your visual design skills.
We are committed to improving the lives of our members and providing the best possible work environment for our employees. Come be a part of a team of designers passionate about creating the very best product for Vitality’s millions of users.