The HR Generalist, Operations is part of a global team but will be primarily focused on the delivery of all human capital services across the US branch of Vitality Group. The HR Generalist will partner with leadership to drive business results through people enablement, attraction, development, engagement, and retention of top talent to contribute towards delivery of Vitality Group USA’s strategic people ambition. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of executing the full HR lifecycle, including talent acquisition, onboarding, benefits management, talent management and offboarding to ensure best people experience.
Key Outputs may include but are not limited to:
· Perform routine tasks required to assist with or administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, leave, disciplinary matters, performance and talent management.
· Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate team members
· Support talent acquisition needs for the organization including: working with hiring managers to create job profiles, submitting new hire assessments, and leading onboarding actions.
· Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, locally and remote, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices ensuring the business maintains compliance.
· Educating employees and new hires on HR policies, internal procedures, regulations, and benefits
· Maintaining physical and digital employee and immigration files
· Review and respond to employment related claims and/or employment verification request from government or public agencies.
· Responsible for managing Vitality’s HRIS system and maintaining HR documents
· Work with internal and external individuals to coordinate benefits, open enrollment and continuous benefits management
· Assist with the alignment of South Africa and USA processes with regards to our internal systems
· Support the team with monitoring and implementing diversity and inclusion initiatives as part of the overall diversity plan
· Support social and wellness (SoWell) initiatives as and when required
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· A minimum of 3+ years proven experience within the HR environment
· Working knowledge of HR, legal and regulatory requirements
· Working knowledge of HR policies, procedures, and standards
· Working knowledge of HR trends
· Working knowledge of HRIS systems (preferably ADP)
· Solid understanding of benefits administration
· Solid data and analytics skills
· General understanding of immigration
· Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
· SHRM or HRCI Certification preferred but not required
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong Excel skills
· Problem solver
· Innovative thinker
· Action oriented
Vitality is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs.