Vitality Group, a subsidiary of Discovery Limited is responsible for the expansion of the Vitality Shared-Value Insurance business model beyond South Africa and the UK, serving to fully leverage the assets and intellectual property of Discovery beyond its primary markets. The business forms equity or contractual partnerships with leading global insurers to integrate Vitality and shared value with partner’s insurance and financial services products in the markets where they operate.
Vitality Group also operates a business providing wellness solutions to employer groups in the United States. Vitality Health International, a business unit within Vitality Group coordinates and focuses on resource allocation to Discovery’s emerging, global health insurance initiatives. Vitality Group is also responsible for Discovery’s 25 percent equity investment in Ping An Health, the largest comprehensive medical insurer in China.
To date, Vitality Group’s businesses jointly reach more than 20 million lives across 40 markets (Argentina, Austria, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, France, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Macao, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Thailand, the United States, Vietnam, Zambia), as well as our primary markets in South Africa and the United Kingdom.
Our Product Design team oversees the strategy, ideation, design, plan and execution of all digital products and features created for our members. We are seeking a UX Researcher to join our team.
As a UX Researcher, you will have your hand on the pulse of user needs and goals. You will provide actionable and meaningful data-driven insights that represent the voice of multiple users. You will collaborate across product, design and development teams to evaluate current and upcoming user research needs that help to improve product definition and drive business goals. Ultimately, your role as a UX researcher is to build up a picture of our target users based on their needs, wants, motivations, and pain-points. These insights will enable the wider design team to create user-friendly products based on real user feedback—not just our assumptions.
This position requires a passionate, curious, empathetic thinker and self-driven team player who has experience working in fast-paced environments while applying both generative and evaluative research methods to build a larger understanding of users.
Key Outputs may include but are not limited to:
- Research Planning and Recruitment
- Collaborate with product, designers, and stakeholders to understand research needs.
- Develop well-crafted research plans with clear research objectives.
- Write research screeners and discussion guides.
- Recruit targeted end-users for specific research studies.
- Moderate one-on-one usability sessions.
- Help develop and implement quantitative surveys.
- Conduct stakeholder, client, and user interviews.
- Recommend and apply other research methods as needed.
- Extract insights about user behaviors.
- Translate user insights into actionable recommendations for the product team.
- Presentation of Insights
- Present design research findings to the larger team in a clear and organized fashion.
- Craft personas and other “information radiators” (e.g. journey maps) to communicate insights across
- the design and development teams.
- Work closely with the product team to identify research objectives.
- Establish and implement an overall research strategy.
- Help advance our UX maturity and contribute to our research repository.
- 3+ years conducting user research for digital products with demonstrated business impact on the products you worked on
- Passion for defining and solving problems
- Listen, observe, and ask the right kinds of questions to gather insights that can be turned into actionable ideas
- Deep knowledge of an array of user research methodologies
- Ability to frame key questions, create research plans to address those, conduct research, and synthesize the findings into meaningful, actionable insights
- Adherence to KPI metric-driven goals and exhibit KPI metric-oriented thinking
- Ability to expand on measurable outcomes
- Ability to plan design experiments – i.e., identify potential solution options for a stated user need and design experiments that help elicit the most viable solution for users
- Demonstrated skills developing use cases and scenarios, creating process flows, wireframes, and other UX deliverables
- Experience managing communications with clients and stakeholders
- Experience facilitating workshops with cross functional teams
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to execute several projects concurrently
- Experience with remote testing tools
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources