Bring your “A” game! Be our new Solutions Architect!
Vitality Group, a subsidiary of Discovery Limited, offers a wellness platform program to global insurance companies that provides innovative health to foster healthier and happier lives. Vitality Group is responsible for the expansion of the Vitality Shared-Value Insurance business model beyond South Africa and the UK, serving to fully leverage the assets and intellectual property of Discovery beyond its primary markets.
Vitality Group, a subsidiary of Discovery Limited is responsible for the expansion of the Vitality Shared-Value Insurance business model beyond South Africa and the UK, serving to fully leverage the assets and intellectual property of Discovery beyond its primary markets. The business forms equity or contractual partnerships with leading global insurers to integrate Vitality and shared value with partner’s insurance and financial services products in the markets where they operate. Vitality Group also operates a business providing wellness solutions to employer groups in the United States. Vitality Health International, a business unit within Vitality Group coordinates and focuses on resource allocation to Discovery’s emerging, global health insurance initiatives. Vitality Group is also responsible for Discovery’s 25 percent equity investment in Ping An Health, the largest comprehensive medical insurer in China.
To date, Vitality Group’s businesses jointly reach more than 27 million unique lives across 40 markets (Argentina, Austria, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, China, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, France, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Macao, Malaysia, Mexico, Mozembique, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Thailand, the United States, Vietnam and Zambia) as well as our primary markets in South Africa and the United Kingdom.
We are looking for a Solutions Architect to help us transition into a more agile, microsystems-orientated platform from our legacy of waterfall-based, monolithic systems.
- Oversee the solutioning of new and existing applications systems
- Assess functional and nonfunctional requirements of backlogs and proposals to determine architectural impacts
- Advise development teams on system technical design as a subject matter expert, providing solutions that reinforce the enterprise architectural strategy
- Weigh the overall priority ranking of each of the possible system qualities (cost, reusability, robustness, etc.) as to enforce a “balance of concerns”
- Perform analytical tasks, data extracts, research, etc., as required, to inform decision processes
- Participate in internal forums such as the Architectural Review Board and lead work streams to improve methodology, internal processes, standards and guidelines
- Conduct training and informal coaching with technical team
- Assist technical managers during hiring and performance reviews by providing input on engineering competencies
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
- Strong “soft skills”
- Demonstrated career growth in software development in corporate environments, including two years in a leadership capacity
- Cloud computing experience (infrastructure, deployment, storage, platforms and data experience preferred)
- Web-scale engineering and architecture experience (Microservices architecture experience preferred)
- Demonstrated modeling capabilities (UML modeling experience preferred)
- Business process improvement (Lean experience preferred)
- Agile software development
- Business and technical writing skills
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Consulting abilities
- Demonstrated project management abilities
- Netflix OSS experience
- Docker experience
- AWS experience
- WSO2 experience
Vitality is an equal opportunity employer
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources