Vitality Group, a subsidiary of Discovery Limited is responsible for the expansion of the Vitality Shared-Value Insurance business model beyond South Africa and the UK, serving to fully leverage the assets and intellectual property of Discovery beyond its primary markets. The business forms equity or contractual partnerships with leading global insurers to integrate Vitality and shared value with partner’s insurance and financial services products in the markets where they operate. Vitality Group also operates a business providing wellness solutions to employer groups in the United States. Vitality Health International, a business unit within Vitality Group coordinates and focuses on resource allocation to Discovery’s emerging, global health insurance initiatives. Vitality Group is also responsible for Discovery’s 25 percent equity investment in Ping An Health, the largest comprehensive medical insurer in China.
To date, Vitality Group’s businesses jointly reach more than 30 million unique lives across 40 markets (Argentina, Austria, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, China, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, France, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Macao, Malaysia, Mexico, Mozambique, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Thailand, the United States, Vietnam and Zambia) as well as our primary markets in South Africa and the United Kingdom.
The Pre-Sales Support team supports Vitality Group’s sales force in communicating (primarily in written form) the value of the program to prospective clients. The Pre-Sales Support Coordinator, Health Solutions will be responsible for supporting many of the Pre-Sales Support Team’s processes, including preparation of Health Solutions-related written responses to questions from prospective clients, and administrative projects as assigned. They will work closely with the Team Lead for Health Solutions, the sales team and subject-matter experts throughout the organization. The ideal candidate will: be detail-oriented; possess excellent communication, organizational and critical thinking skills; and be able to handle a deadline-oriented workload. The Pre-Sales Support Coordinator, Health Solutions should have a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
Key Outputs may include but are not limited to:
- Provide project-based support to Team Lead, Health Solutions
- Responsible for writing and editing Health Solutions proposals/responses to specific follow-up questions from prospective clients.
- Responsible for proposal production/assembly, team workflow assignment processes, and other administrative assignments.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal subject-matter experts to obtain information needed to complete assignments.
- Work efficiently and effectively to manage multiple assignments simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Utilize, and contribute to, database of standard language used in proposals and RFP responses.
- Represent the department in project management meetings on new product enhancements and communication strategies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience in sales operations Pre-Sales Support or a similar field (marketing, communications).
- General understanding of the sales environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Advanced written communication skills, including both creative writing and business writing.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills.
- Demonstration of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong commitment to producing high-quality, error-free work.
- Independent self-starter.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments and complete high-quality work against strict and competing deadlines dictated by prospects, consultants, and clients.
- Positive, collegial approach and a high level of professionalism
Personal Attributes or Competency Profile
The Discovery Person
- Values Driven
- Learns on the Fly
- Instils Trust
- People Savvy
- Drives Results
- Problem Solver
Vitality is committed to providing the best possible work environment for our employees and is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Wellness Resources