ABOUT VITALITY GROUP
Guided by a core purpose of making people healthier, Vitality is the world’s largest behavioral engagement platform that unlocks health outcomes that matter. By blending industry-leading smart tech, data, incentives, and behavioral science, we inspire healthy changes in individuals and organizations.
As one of the largest wellbeing companies in the world, Vitality, a subsidiary of Discovery Limited, brings a dynamic and diverse perspective through successful partnerships with the most forward-thinking insurers and employers. For more information, visit www.vitalitygroup.com, or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Manager, Client Relations responsibilities are to provide training and guidance on achieving client management success and utilizing best practices and established SOPs, provide day to day assistance on all client escalations or team questions and help grow and provide a foundation for career growth for all those that report to this position. Within Vitality, this role also has a responsibility to foster and grow relationships with internal departments to help with process improvements and program development. Externally, this role has a responsibility to grow client and broker/consultant relationships to maintain the high level of customer service to our clients and aid in client retention. Additionally, this role is responsible for assisting the team who reports to them on both client retention and client program success.
Key outputs may include but are not limited to:
- To provide comprehensive development measures for all members the team using a system of proficiencies to measure their competencies as they relate to the key components of mastery for their job position. These measures are utilized to create development plans and then re-evaluate at points in time within each year to measure mastery and success and to assist in completing annual and mid-year performance reviews.
- To keep a pulse on client and broker relationships and make sure client satisfaction remains high. This is done through reaching out clients and gathering feedback, by reviewing client and member survey feedback, reviewing engagement plans and reporting and asking direct questions on results.
- Through these endeavors, success can be measured through positive feedback and by making improvements in areas identified.
- To look for areas of opportunity for process improvement within the organization and department. This is done by working with the team to identify inefficiencies that could be streamlined, or through conversations we have with our clients and brokers that identify areas of additive to our program.
- Success is measured by making processes leaner or developing new avenues that better the business and our clients.
- To provide the voice of the WSM team, clients and members when working with internal teams on program enhancements or changes. This is done by attending project planning meetings and design sprints where applicable. This is also achieved through beta testing design elements. By doing these things, we are able to voice concerns and suggest modifications for successful roll outs of changes to our members.
- Work with the team on developing and executing successful client retention plans, securing contract extensions when able.
- Deliver difficult messages to both staff and clients while communicating clear concerns or ideas to internal team members on project or internal decision-making processes.
- Making strategic decisions that benefit the business as well as the client as able.
- Recognize, identify, and act on red flags from clients that could affect retention.
- 3+ years of Account Management experience required 1+ years of Team Lead/Supervisory experience preferred Demonstrated leadership ability with coaching/mentoring/training skills
- University degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Client facing account management experience
- Managing a staff of strategic, managerial level employees
- Leadership skills, Relationship Management, Business Acumen Project Management, staff management, strong organization and communication skills, applied data analysis, critical thinking, staff development and guidance.
- Account Management best practices, Presentation skills in both creation and presenting, Client relations, working applicable government regulation knowledge.
- Ability to “self-develop” – understand where knowledge gaps exist and proactively work with peers, superiors, trainers, etc. to achieve the knowledge needed to be effective.
- Experience in the field of wellness and/or employee benefits
- Contract management
- Wellness Certification Preferred
- Skillfully collaborating interdepartmentally to achieve a common goal while representing the needs and requirements of clients.
The Vitality Person
Learns on the Fly
Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
Training & Development
Vitality is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.