ABOUT VITALITY GROUP
Guided by a core purpose of making people healthier, Vitality is the world’s largest behavioral engagement platform that unlocks health outcomes that matter. By blending industry-leading smart tech, data, incentives, and behavioral science, we inspire healthy changes in individuals and organizations.
As one of the largest wellbeing companies in the world, Vitality, a subsidiary of Discovery Limited, brings a dynamic and diverse perspective through successful partnerships with the most forward-thinking insurers and employers. For more information, visit www.vitalitygroup.com, or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
The Java Developer’s role is to maintain and enhance key Java applications to support business requirements. The developer will follow approved life cycle methodologies, create design documents, write code, and perform unit and functional testing of software. This includes contributing to the overall standards of the group as well as ensuring software meets a high-quality standard. The developer will assist in maintaining stage, test, and production database environments by responding to support requests and updating database information. An important aspect of this role is achieving client satisfaction through troubleshooting and resolving customer issues, as well as focusing on client satisfaction throughout the design and development process.
- Work closely with architects, senior developers, and other team members to solve problems and support existing code bases
- Work closely with business analysts to analyze and understand the business requirements and business case, in order to produce simple, cost effective and innovative solution designs
- Implement the designed solutions in the required development language (typically Java) in accordance with the Vitality Group standards, processes, tools and frameworks
- Testing the quality of produced software thoroughly through participation in code reviews, the use of static code analysis tools, creation and execution of unit tests, functional regression tests, load tests and stress tests and evaluating the results of performance metrics collected on the software.
- Participate in proof of concepts, JAD sessions, estimation, and costing sessions
- Maintain the system in production and provide support in the form of query resolution, data fixes, and defect fixes
- Support Role (including weekend support) is required on a rotational cycle
- Participate in the process of reviewing code for consistent application of standards, logic and effective use of libraries and reusable aspects of the application
- 2+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or another IT related field
Preferred (not required):
- Experience developing and maintaining production web applications
- High standards for delivery
- Structured and analytical problem solver
- Software testing pack design, functional testing
- Clean code thinking
- SAFe certifications
Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Training & Development
Catered Food & Snacks
Vitality is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.