Guided by a core purpose of making people healthier, Vitality is the world’s largest behavioral engagement platform that unlocks health outcomes that matter. By blending industry-leading smart tech, data, incentives, and behavioral science, we inspire healthy changes in individuals and organizations.
As one of the largest wellbeing companies in the world, Vitality, a subsidiary of Discovery Limited, brings a dynamic and diverse perspective through successful partnerships with the most forward-thinking insurers and employers. For more information, visit www.vitalitygroup.com, or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Director Strategic Partnerships Job Purpose
The Director Strategic Partnerships will be responsible for identifying and evaluating product, distribution, technological and other partnership opportunities that will expand the pipeline and deliver growth for the business. The individual will maintain a national network of potential partners and interact with leadership at these companies. This role will involve collaboration across all functions of the organization.
Vitality Group’s Strategy and R&D team is looking for an accomplished Director Strategic Partnerships who is passionate about improving the consumer healthcare experience, digital health technology and business strategy to own, lead and grow a portfolio of current and new strategic growth partnerships.
Calling upon your experience as a relationship manager, negotiator, project manager, business development manager, and influential leader, you’ll be responsible for the conception and execution of creative, innovative and mutually beneficial partner initiatives while working cross-functionally with our Product, Technology, Sales, Marketing, Legal and Finance teams.
Key Outputs include but are not limited to:
Apply strategic guidance and hands-on operational expertise within our organization to expand existing and develop new strategic partnerships aligned with Vitality’s strategic roadmap.
Work cross-functionally with R&D, Sales, Product and Technology leaders to define priorities and roadmaps and execute on the strategy for initiatives with existing and new partner organizations.
Apply business development skills to identify opportunities for the co-creation of product initiatives and programs with strategic partners, including digital therapeutics and point solution partners, provider groups or hospital systems, third-party administrators and other digital health organizations.
Build commercially sound joint business plans with our partners for initiatives, including end-to-end GTM plans as well as a robust set of KPIs, success metrics, joint accountability and governance.
Utilize expert negotiating skills to ensure that Vitality receives maximum business value with each partnership.
Partner with our legal team to develop and negotiate custom partnership agreements and repeatable templates to scale to broader ecosystem partnerships.
Trouble-shoot where partnerships are failing to deliver envisaged mutual value. Use your influence and relationships within the business to design and execute turnaround and mitigation plans. Work with our senior leadership team to manage executive-level contacts with key partners, including executive relationship mapping, QBRs and C-level stakeholder management.
Contribute to competitive intelligence, PI planning and other strategic planning forums to help guide Vitality’s commercial strategy and product roadmap.
Represent Vitality at conferences, industry events and other forums to help elevate our brand, communicate our value and establish Vitality as a preferred partner in the wellbeing space.
- Work Experience 10+ years of experience in business development, complex sales, or strategic accounts management in healthcare, or digital health technology
- 5+ years of experience with innovative strategic partnerships for consumer-facing, web services and products
- Demonstrated ability to co-develop solutions with strategic partners and bring impactful strategic deals to life from conception to execution
- Proven ability to act as both an influential leader and hands-on practitioner in the planning and execution of our global partner ecosystem
- Skilled in company-wide collaboration with senior leadership and internal stakeholders, the analysis and evaluation of potential business value, partnership cadences, analytics & reporting, tracking-to-success, meeting orchestration and leadership, and short- and long-term partner relationship management
- Experience working in collaboration with legal, budgeting, and other requisite internal teams in the development, review, and negotiation of complex contracts and familiarity with standard deal structures
- In-depth expertise of US healthcare and health plans
- Knowledge of U.S. Health Systems, ACOs, and IDNs
- Track record of translating clinical interventions into digital health programs that drive patient activation and improve health outcomes
Preferred Experience (Would be Advantageous)
- Medicare advantage experience
- Knowledge of U.S. Health Systems, ACOs, and IDNs, as well as payor, provider contracting
Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Training & Development
Work From Home
Free Food & Snacks
Vitality is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.