The Wellness Strategy Manager (WSM) is responsible for planning and designing engagement growth plans, and executing and tracking them – including engaging the appropriate operational, actuarial and management teams as needed. Further, the WSM ensures the overall satisfaction of assigned clients while retaining and growing their book of business. This position requires developing and maintaining an excellent working relationship with clients, vendors, brokers and internal departments, in addition to providing superior client management and client service while developing a thorough understanding of our industry.
- Consult – Confidently evaluate, strategize, present and implement wellness program designs that fulfill the clients’ wellness goals and assist their members in achieving their healthiest lives. Review population aggregate and participation status reports with clients on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, and make strategic recommendations for ongoing program management and ever-increasing member engagement.
- Analyze – Identify potential program enhancements to increase member satisfaction utilizing trends. Proactively monitor and measure assigned client program data throughout the year, provide clients with timely and meaningful insight and recommendations. Oversee client management reporting. Position, deliver and communicate client management data. Review performance metrics/guarantees to promote client satisfaction, profitability and retention. Research areas that do not perform as required.
- Forward Thinking – Work with management and actuaries to identify client requirements for improving annual wellness programming year-over-year. Employ a consultative and solution-based approach to ascertain and articulate the Vitality value proposition with each client’s strategic goals.
- Dazzle – Proactively communicate with assigned clients and be their main point for contact for day-to-day operational support. Represent the client’s best interests within Vitality, ensure that all processes and procedures are completed, quality standards are maintained, and issues are resolved in a timely Exceed client expectations.
- Service – Quickly identify common ground. Know when to persist and when to compromise. Effectively negotiate to deliver a win-win outcome. Seek to develop personal connections with others, motivated to achieve trusted adviser status.
- Action Oriented – Work smart and independently while maintaining a high level of responsiveness. Seek out and tackle challenges while remaining focused on result.
- Build successful, strong and long-lasting relationships with the clients and have complete responsibility for strategizing, developing and growing member engagement in the Vitality wellness program. Facilitate client communications, resolve conflicts and ensure that deliverables meet your clients’ requirements.
- Team – Share your outcomes, results, and best practices with peers as well as management. Provide status updates on clients, regularly monitor overall engagement, project status, opportunities, and risks. Build and reinforce interdepartmental relationships by driving excellence in communication and working together as a team.
- Organize – Keep records of client interactions and actions taken. Update internal tracking documents to ensure all Vitality operational areas have accurate information for your clients. Provide reports and updates to management as scheduled or requested. Exhibit exceptional organizational and time and deadline management. Effectively manage expectations regarding outcomes, goals and deliverables.
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills. Effectively summarize meeting outcomes, keeping detailed action plans. Provide proactive client and broker service and outreach offering guidance, support and program consultation. Implement and manage the effective delivery of client program enhancements including communication strategies as well as client and champ training. Prepare and coordinate formal presentations for clients and members regarding product, plan design, member education, service results and renewals.
- Flexibility – Be willing and able to handle multiple client accounts, projects and know if, when and how to leverage available tools, support and resources to complete tasks on time and within scope. Be comfortable with frequent changes in a fast-past, growing business.
- Conflict Management – Read situations quickly and adapt. See conflicts as opportunities not obstacles, maintain a professional demeanor. Make conflict constructive instead of damaging and remain cool under pressure.
- Decision Making – Utilize a mixture of data, analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment to address and resolve concerns. Be solution-oriented and agile when processing information and managing
- Self-Development – Be committed to continuous improvement and open to Be motivated and seek out information and knowledge, improving business acumen and industry knowledge.
Qualifications and Skills
- BA or BS degree preferred
- Health- or wellness-related background strongly preferred
- 2+ years of client relationship or account management experience in the health and wellness, broker, human resources or other related market
- Ability to work successfully at both a strategic and tactical level with brokers and employers
- Strong analytical and data management aptitude
- Strong critical thinking, problem identification and solving abilities
- Able to work both independently and in a collaborative manner in a rapidly changing environment
- Can handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Highly motivated and energetic professional who enjoys working in an entrepreneurial, fast-growing environment
- Experience in successfully communicating with and influencing diverse audiences
- Energetic, self-motivated and an independent thinking professional with excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Coordination and strong organizational and time-management skills
- Outgoing, personable, and customer Understanding of both the clients’ and members’ needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations preferred but not required:
- CCWS Certified Corporate Wellness Specialist
Vitality is an Equal Opportunity Employer