Vitality Group, a subsidiary of Discovery Limited, offers a wellness platform program to global insurance companies that provides innovative health to foster healthier and happier lives. Vitality Group is responsible for the expansion of the Vitality Shared-Value Insurance business model beyond South Africa and the UK, serving to fully leverage the assets and intellectual property of Discovery beyond its primary markets.
Vitality Group operates a business providing wellness solutions to employer groups in the United States and partners with leading Insurers (AIA, Generali, John Hancock, Manulife, Sumitomo Life) across the world to launch and grow Vitality Shared-Value Insurance in their markets. Vitality Group is also responsible for Discovery’s 25 percent equity investment in Ping An Health, the largest comprehensive medical insurer in China. Vitality Group’s businesses jointly reach more than 8.9 million members across 19 countries (Austria, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, The United Kingdom. The United States, and Vietnam).
The candidate must have a consumer viewpoint and understand the difference between digital and non-digital content. The ideal candidate will continually be sharpening his/her writing skills, diving into research, asking questions and embracing change.
This position will be located in Downtown Chicago, IL.
- Liaise with UI/UX designers and product team to provide copy to shape end-to-end user experience
- Leverage data and research to evaluate content’s impact
- Identify opportunities where UX writing can improve user experiences and meet business goals
- Create intuitive, delightful product experiences by writing clear copy that help users accomplish their goals
- Work with team to understand user behaviors and use copy to increase engagement
- Help to shape and incorporate the tone and voice of the organization into member-facing experience
- Assimilate and organize key messages and a structure to tackling content objective consistency
- Oversee elements of a content management system used to implement copy/editorial updates
- Maintain and document your strategies with guidelines, establish best practices and strategy principles
- Contribute to the design system
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or relevant experience (healthcare-related experience is a plus)
- 1+ years of experience in-product writing (including in-app promos, notifications, error messages, tooltips, )
- Foundation of understanding of UX and how copy and design work together
- A quick, iterative writer who can understand our users and speak to their needs across all media channels
- Ability to take complex information and create clear, concise and persuasive messages
- Strong commitment to quality control; extremely detail-oriented; excellent proofreading skills
- Self-starter, checks own work, and creates/follows processes
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively manage workload
- Work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, innovative and highly collaborative environment
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Expert in mobile-first content
- Experience with A/B testing, analysis and improvement
- Knowledge of Sketch, InVision, or other design tools is a plus
Vitality is an equal opportunity employer