We’re Vitality, improving people’s health around the world through clinical and behavioral science, technology, and most importantly, our people. Vitality encourages changes in lifestyle that reduce health care costs, both in the short run and long term, by rewarding members for addressing their specific health issues. Vitality wellness programs serve companies in a wide range of sizes and industries, improving individuals’ health and well-being as well as employers’ bottom lines. Vitality brings a global perspective through successful partnerships with large employers and best-in class insurers around the world, in countries including the United States, United Kingdom, South Africa, China, Singapore and Australia. Join Vitality and transform health around the world.
Our team’s philosophy is serving people, not technology. We’re looking for someone who lives that out on a daily basis.. The qualified candidate should have solid analytics capabilities, remain calm under pressure and the ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
The candidate must be able to communicate complicated, technical issues in a manner that is understandable and useful to all stakeholders. The candidate must be proactive, organized, responsible and work well with a diverse and professional group.
This position is located in our Downtown Chicago office.
- Problem Solver – Manage complex problems across multiple technical and operational teams
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve second-level service desk incidents
- Efficiently manage multiple assignments with a sense of urgency, structure and attention to detail
- Write JIRA stories for issues requiring developer support/intervention
- Translate technical details into digestible content for internal and external clients
- Some application testing
- Attend and contribute to daily standups, as well as weekly estimation meetings, deep dives and other Agile ceremonies
- Available for infrequent off-hours (evening and weekend) technical support
- Provide trend analysis, statistics and suggest key improvements to drive quality
- Write ad hoc SQL queries for data analysis and troubleshooting purposes
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Outstanding client focus (Both Internal and External)
- Hands-on, fast learner
- Excellent analytical, communication, and writing skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office tool suite
- Experience with one or more of the following: Salesforce, JIRA, SQL, Dynatrace
- Facility with handling concurrent tasks and projects
- Planning and organizational skills
- Able to work independently and within a team environment
- Comfortable working with off-shore resources in different countries and time zones
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Information Systems.
Rock Star candidates will have:
- 1 to 5 years of experience in wellness, insurance or healthcare
- Deep knowledge of multiple Vitality products
- Prior experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong SQL query knowledge
- Experience or exposure in Java, Oracle and/or XML
This near-entry-level software position may lead to internal promotions to positions like business analyst, quality analyst, support manager, project manager, etc.
We offer a variety of benefits and perks in our Chicago Loop office, including:
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Health savings account with employer contribution
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401(K) with employer match
- Unlimited personal time off
- Life insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy breakfast
- Free membership at Lifestart Fitness Center
- Divvy Bike memberships
Think you’ve got what it takes? Bring it! Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vitality wellness programs serve more than 1.9 million members in a wide range of companies of varying sizes and industries, improving individuals’ health and well-being as well as employers’ and health plans’ bottom lines. More than a dozen of our clients were named to the 2014 Healthiest 100 Workplaces in America list, and Vitality client McKesson Corporation was the 2015 C. Everett Koop National Health Award recipient.