Vitality Group, a subsidiary of Discovery Limited, offers a wellness platform program to global insurance companies that provides innovative health to foster healthier and happier lives. Vitality Group is responsible for the expansion of the Vitality Shared-Value Insurance business model beyond South Africa and the UK, serving to fully leverage the assets and intellectual property of Discovery beyond its primary markets.
Vitality Group operates a business providing wellness solutions to employer groups in the United States and partners with leading Insurers (AIA, Generali, John Hancock, Manulife, Sumitomo Life) across the world to launch and grow Vitality Shared-Value Insurance in their markets. Vitality Group is also responsible for Discovery’s 25 percent equity investment in Ping An Health, the largest comprehensive medical insurer in China. Vitality Group’s businesses jointly reach more than 8.9 million members across 19 countries (Austria, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, The United Kingdom, The United States, and Vietnam).
As the Strategic Growth Director, you will oversee the growth and implementation of client solutions for existing clients. You will provide thought leadership on strategic planning initiatives, industry developments and market trends supporting the Client Relations team in effective strategy management. This role will be responsible for mapping current client journeys and construct and sell additional solutions. You will design, develop, and drive sales strategy and present on solutions services. You will serve as a consultant to leaders of client organizations and build senior level relationships in alignment with those managing the client relationship. You are also responsible for generating new leads and networking connections through referrals along with identifying and selling solutions in conjunction with the sales team. You will manage and maintain a portfolio of target client accounts.
- Drive business development, growth and retention of existing accounts with the potential to participate in the new business development efforts as well.
- Build and nurture a network of client relationships with existing customers, solve problems, and provide strategic value as a trusted partner
- Proactive high-level brand focus, working closely with the sales and operations teams on new objectives, strategies and business KPIs.
- Aid in maturing our service offerings from post sales to campaign execution to completion and renewal
- Contribute to standardizing and continuously evolving the Client Relations strategy
- Up-sell new and existing program elements
- Act as the sales lead in scenarios such as:
- Broker change
- C-suite or HR staff change
- Acquisition, mergers or buyout
- Outreach to former clients sharing our current offerings
- Work closely with the Actuary and Reporting teams to:
- Validate ROI
- Provide updates to the Engagement Study
- Collaborate on outcomes, trends and other data findings
- Mentor Client Relations Team on industry development, expectations, and best practices on presenting industry trends and internal developments and white papers
- Provide trend and competitive analysis
- Support the development of a client forum
- Share best practices for presenting at conferences and networking
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop Case Studies and other sales materials based on survey and engagement results
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years’ experience in a client facing role for a health or wellness organization
- 5+ years’ experience in Sales
- 5+ years’ experience in Marketing
- Proven track record of overall client satisfaction and the continuing growth and evolution of the clients
- Experience managing large, complex accounts with strategy, analytics and creative components
- Ability to take complex information and create clear, concise and persuasive messages
- Strong commitment to quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Sell stand-alone wellness-based products and wellness-based add-ons to existing clients
- Participate in the evaluation of product design, market positioning, technical marketing, Vitality design, public relations, and sales.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, particularly in building relationships and influencing senior executives
- Ability to manage diverse personalities and difficult situations with grace
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Able to establish and maintain relationships with individuals at all levels of an organization (internally and externally)
- Must illustrate an interest in learning and growing, and be able to demonstrate reliability, taking accountability for responsibilities, problem solving and a strong work ethic.
- Must have the highest level of comfort and professionalism in dealing with internal and external executives, directors, stakeholders and customer representatives.
- Able to collaboratively work with peers, clients, executives to achieve objectives