Vitality Group, a subsidiary of Discovery Limited offers a wellness platform program to global insurance companies that provides innovative health to foster healthier and happier lives. Vitality Group is responsible for the expansion of the Vitality Shared-Value Insurance business model beyond South Africa and the UK, serving to fully leverage the assets and intellectual property of Discovery beyond its primary markets.
Vitality Group operates a business providing wellness solutions to employer groups in the United States and partners with leading Insurers (AIA, Generali, John Hancock, Manulife, Sumitomo Life) across the world to launch and grow Vitality Shared-Value Insurance in their markets. Vitality Group is also responsible for Discovery’s 25 percent equity investment in Ping An Health, the largest comprehensive medical insurer in China. Vitality Group’s businesses jointly reach more than 8.9 million members across 19 countries (Austria, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, The United Kingdom. The United States, and Vietnam).
We’re looking for a highly professional, organized and dynamic Operations Manager, Strategic Partners. The Operations Manager, Strategic Partners will be responsible for developing various strategic partners as well as maintaining these relationships to ensure optimal success. This position will be located in our downtown Chicago, IL office.
- Consult. Confidently evaluate, strategize, present, and implement program designs that fulfill the client’s strategic goals. Review population aggregate and participation status reports with your clients on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis and make strategic recommendations for ongoing program management and ever-increasing member engagement.
- Analyze. Identify potential program enhancements to increase member satisfaction utilizing trend data. Proactively monitor and measure assigned client program data throughout the year; provide client with timely and meaningful insight and/or recommendations. Oversee client management reporting. Position, deliver and communicate client management data. Review performance metrics/guarantees to promote client satisfaction, profitability, and retention; researching areas that do not perform as required.
- Forward Thinking. Work with management/actuaries to identify client requirements for improving annual wellness programming year-over-year. Employ a consultative and solution-based approach to ascertain and articulate the Vitality value proposition with the key clients’ strategic goals and objectives.
- Proactively communicate with the key client and be their main point of contact for day-to-day operational support. Represent your client’s best interests within Vitality, ensure that all processes and procedures are completed, quality standards are maintained, and issues are resolved in a timely manner. Exceed client expectations.
- Quickly identify common ground. Know when to persist and when to compromise. Effectively negotiate to deliver a win-win outcome. Seek to develop personal connections with others, motivated to achieve trusted advisor status.
- Action Oriented. Work smart and independently while maintaining a high level of responsiveness. Seek out and tackle challenges while remaining focused on results.
- Ownership. Build successful, strong and long-lasting relationships with the client with complete responsibility for strategizing, developing and growing member engagement in the Wellness Program. Facilitate client communications, resolving conflicts, and ensuring that deliverables meet your clients’ requirements.
- Share your outcomes, results, and best practices with peers as well as management. Provide status updates on the client, regularly monitoring overall engagement, project status, opportunities, and risks. Build and reinforce interdepartmental relationships by driving excellence in communication and working together as a team.
- Keep records of client interactions and actions taken. Update internal tracking documents to ensure all Vitality operational areas have accurate information for your client. Provide reports and updates to management as scheduled or requested. Exhibit exceptional organizational and time/deadline management. Effectively manage expectations regarding outcomes, goals, and deliverables. Maintain a data repository that includes product specs, communications, product configurations, system change logs, process documentation, specs, processes, program-specific templates they use, etc.
- Demonstrate verbal & written communication skills. Effectively summarize meeting outcomes, keeping detailed action plans. Provide proactive client/broker service and outreach to provide guidance, support and program consultation. Implement and manage the effective delivery of client programs enhancement including communication strategies. Prepare and coordinate formal presentations to clients and members regarding product, plan design, member education, service results, and renewals.
- Willing and able to handle multiple projects and tasks. Know if, when and how to leverage available tools, support and resources to complete tasks on time and within scope, comfortable with frequent changes in a fast-past, growing business.
- Conflict Management. Read situations quickly and adapts accordingly. Sees conflicts as opportunities not obstacles, maintains professional demeanor. Make conflict constructive instead of damaging, cool under pressure.
- Decision Making. Utilize a mixture of data, analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment to address/resolve concerns. Solution-oriented and agile when processing information and managing change.
- Committed to continuous improvement. Open to learning, motivated to seek out information and knowledge, improving business acumen and industry knowledge.
- Overall responsibility for Managing the Call Center dedicated to strategic accounts.
- Provide the team with Leadership, coaching, mentorship and guidance both on day-to-day responsibilities and long-term career development.
- Instill and promote the company core values within the team.
- Define staffing needs and recruit/hire the appropriate candidates.
- Meet or exceed defined performance guarantees as stated in the contracts per strategic account.
- Overall responsibility for managing the Customer Service Support team dedicated to strategic accounts.
- Oversee process of triaging escalated cases
- Collaborating with Production Support, Partner Relations, Eligibility, and other tier 3 support teams to ensure fastest possible resolution of known issues
- Track and drive one- and two-day resolution and time to respond and resolve.
- Responsible for overseeing the Account Executive of Strategic Accounts.
- Provide mentorship and guidance both on day-to day responsibilities and long-term career development.
- Delegate critical responsibilities and oversee their outcomes.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Reviews deliverables prepared by the team before passing to internal/external clients
- Effectively applies PMO methodology and enforces project standards
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality control procedures
- Minimizes exposure and risk on projects
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Tracks and reports project effort and expenses
- Holds regular status meetings with project teams
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
- Jointly with VG, Discovery and Strategic Accounts; strategize an optimal operating model, deliverables and project plan for integrated product in the US market.
- Coordinate with VG, Discovery and Strategic Accounts; project managers to ensure Vitality resources (including outsourced partners or third-party vendors) are focused on priority projects, meeting deadlines and deliverables.
- Facilitate “Change Communication” forum to ensure Vitality business areas are aware of projects’ priorities, inter-dependencies, and pending “Go Live” dates.
- Manage scope, change, schedule and costs for assigned projects throughout entire project life cycle.
- Oversight and facilitation of program governance, including the establishment of a forum with the right stakeholders to initiate strategic changes to the program and plan for them, plus track in-flight initiatives to have a pulse on all items in flight and a gateway to approve and initiate.
- Putting appropriate pressure on the client when needed and making sure you get proper insight from their side. This includes having deep insight into the client’s business plans and immersing yourself into it, and separately-managing issues on the client side appropriately.
- Raising performance and process issues to the appropriate areas of the business and collaborating with stakeholders to compromise on solutions that work best for both Vitality and the client.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 5+ year of Account Management or other client facing experience
- 3+ year of Operations Management experience preferred but not required
- 3+ years of people management experience is preferred but not required
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong business acumen
- Must illustrate an interest in learning and growing, and be able to demonstrate reliability, taking accountability for responsibilities, problem solving and a strong work ethic.
- Superior written, verbal, and electronic communication skills, including the ability to articulate clearly, completely and concisely.
- Highly resourceful and knows when/how to be assertive to get things done.
- Must have the highest level of comfort and professionalism in dealing with internal and external executives, directors, stakeholders and client representatives.
We offer a variety of benefits and perks in our Chicago Loop office, including:
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Health savings account with employer contribution
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401(K) with employer match
- Unlimited personal time off
- Life insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy breakfast
- Free membership at Lifestart Fitness Center
- Divvy Bike memberships