We’re Vitality, improving people’s health around the world through clinical and behavioral science, technology, and most importantly, our people. Vitality encourages changes in lifestyle that reduce health care costs, both in the short run and long term, by rewarding members for addressing their specific health issues. Vitality wellness programs serve companies in a wide range of sizes and industries, improving individuals’ health and well-being as well as employers’ bottom lines. Vitality brings a global perspective through successful partnerships with large employers and best-in class insurers around the world, in countries including the United States, United Kingdom, South Africa, China, Singapore and Australia. Join Vitality and transform health around the world.
We’re looking for a highly professional, organized and dynamic Legal Assistant. This individual will perform administrative duties directly supporting the legal team and Chief Financial Officer. The ideal candidate should be a motivated and detail-oriented self-starter who is able to anticipate the needs of the legal and at times, finance team, and effectively multitask and prioritize with limited guidance. This individual must project a professional demeanor at all times and exhibit great discretion and integrity. This is a unique opportunity for someone looking for a challenging position in a fast-paced and energetic environment, who is not uncomfortable with taking on a lot of responsibility quickly and wants to participate actively in the organization’s overall success.
The position requires strong computer and organizational skills, clear communication, problem solving skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of the organization, as well as outside guests and clients. This position will be located in our downtown Chicago, IL office.
- Prepare legal templates and basic form contracts
- Organize, maintain and manage corporate record books
- Keep legal documents and contracts organized by establishing and organizing files, inputting into the database, generating status reports and advising legal associates of impending critical dates
- Creating and delivering notices as required under contracts
- Keep key internal and external stakeholders informed by maintaining contact and communicating progress as needed
- Professional written communication with internal and external contacts
- Liaise regularly with international executives for scheduling
- Coordinate meetings and events as needed, including agenda preparation, evaluating venues, arranging transportation, meals, etc.
- Ability to take highly detailed notes from meetings or presentations and to compose summarized minutes for distribution.
- Make travel arrangements and act as liaison to Company travel agency for the General Counsel and Chief Financial Officer.
- Offer support and assistance to other functions and employees as needed (and directed) on special projects and/or events.
- Prepare detailed spreadsheets and reports (Excel)
- Reconciles, enters, and submits monthly expense reports
- Handles legal and financial matters for the legal team with confidentiality.
- Ability to take notes or make verbatim records of meetings or conferences and to compose minutes from such notes or records.
- Other duties as assigned, including administrative duties.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years in an administrative support or related role with increasing levels of responsibility, preferably in a legal setting.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to high-quality, error-free work.
- Strong computer skills including expert use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in coordination of people, projects, events and resources.
- Experience with various meeting formats (video, telepresence and other electronic conferencing media).
- Must illustrate an interest in learning and growing, and be able to demonstrate reliability, taking accountability for responsibilities, problem solving and a strong work ethic.
- Superior written, verbal, and electronic communication skills, including the ability to articulate clearly, completely and concisely.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, frequently shifting environment.
- Highly resourceful, and knows when/how to be assertive to get things done.
- Ability to remain calm, composed and flexible; sometimes under challenging circumstances.
- Must have the highest level of comfort and professionalism in dealing with internal and outside executives, directors, stakeholders and customer representatives.
We offer a variety of benefits and perks in our Chicago Loop office, including:
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Health savings account with employer contribution
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401(K) with employer match
- Unlimited personal time off
- Life insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy breakfast
- Free membership at Lifestart Fitness Center
- Divvy Bike memberships
Think you’ve got what it takes? Bring it! Send your resume to: email@example.com.