Vitality Group, a subsidiary of Discovery Limited, offers a wellness platform program to global insurance companies that provides innovative health to foster healthier and happier lives. Vitality Group is responsible for the expansion of the Vitality Shared-Value Insurance business model beyond South Africa and the UK, serving to fully leverage the assets and intellectual property of Discovery beyond its primary markets.
Vitality Group operates a business providing wellness solutions to employer groups in the United States and partners with leading Insurers (AIA, Generali, John Hancock, Manulife, Sumitomo Life) across the world to launch and grow Vitality Shared-Value Insurance in their markets. Vitality Group is also responsible for Discovery’s 25 percent equity investment in Ping An Health, the largest comprehensive medical insurer in China. Vitality Group’s businesses jointly reach more than 8.9 million members across 19 countries (Austria, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, The United Kingdom. The United States, and Vietnam).
The Junior Help Desk Technician is the face of IT Support. They will provide excellent customer service to our global employee base, striving to resolve technical issues quickly and effectively. They must have initiative and be self-starter. The Junior Help Desk Technician must be someone who take ownership and responsibility for work and sees it through to resolution.
This position will be located in Downtown Chicago, IL.
- Diagnose computer errors and provide technical support to local and remote end users
- Troubleshoot and support all client software, hardware and network issues
- Troubleshoot and support office technology such as printers, phones, monitors, video conference units
- Image and set up all computers issued to employees and contractors
- Perform onsite operational tasks at our Chicago data-centers
- Redirect issues to Tier 2 and 3 technical teams when necessary
- Log all calls into our internal ticketing system for reporting and analysis
- Resolve logged tickets according to the service level agreement
- Record services and issues as well as resolutions in logs
- Monitor system performance and availability
- Escalate major incidents and outages immediately
- Work within a team to contribute to the department’s service delivery and SLA
- Identify and implement process improvement to avoid rework
- Produce training materials and end user documentation to encourage self-service
- Complete all projects or tasks successfully within the time frame assigned
- Run reports to analyze common complaints and problems
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors in IT, Computer Science or related field (or working toward degree and work experience equivalent)
- Certifications in networking, software and hardware, MCSE or related qualification are a plus.
- Minimum one-year experience in all Microsoft desktop operating systems, network protocols, and connectivity. MacOS and iOS experience is a plus.
- Must have a thorough understanding of all Microsoft Office applications, from both the supporting and functional point of views.
- Must have working experience with desktop hardware and Microsoft software platforms.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory, SMTP/Exchange, LDAP, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable interacting with people of all job levels, including executives
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Must be able to perform labor intensive tasks in addition to daily assignments.
- Must be able to work after hours, on weekends and on standby when necessary.
- Problem solving focus
- Values Driven
- Driven for Results
- Learning on the Fly
- Instills Trust
- People Savvy
We offer a variety of benefits and perks in our Chicago Loop office, including:
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Health savings account with employer match
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401(K) with employer match
- Unlimited personal time off
- Life insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy breakfast
- Free membership at Lifestart Fitness Center
- Divvy Bike memberships
Think you’ve got what it takes? Bring it!