Vitality is a leading behavior change platform which uses the power of incentives, data and behavioral economics to make people healthier and enhance and protect their lives. Vitality has achieved global scale through successful partnerships with leading insurers and the most forward-thinking employers around the world. More than 20 million people in 30 markets engage in the Vitality program. Vitality Group is responsible for the global expansion of the Vitality Shared-Value Insurance model using the capabilities of Discovery and its network. Vitality was founded 20 years ago by Discovery Limited – a leading financial services company listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
The Finance Analyst will be a key contributor to the Finance Team’s financial analysis, forecasting processes, and financial system reporting. This role will work with Finance Team members in the US and South Africa. The candidate should have a high level of professionalism. A successful candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, and the desire and ability to identify, recommend and lead improvements within the organization.
Key Outputs may include but are not limited to:
- Assist with monthly reporting duties of financial and non-financial information for Group/Team
- Assist with performing analytics and explaining variances on financial results for Group/Team
- Assist with annual budget and ongoing forecast preparation for overall business
- Enhance financial systems and drive reporting efficiencies
- Develop accurate financial models of potential business opportunities with cash flow and income statement views
- Perform post-measurement of business opportunities to original financial models
- Participate in special projects and assist with ad hoc requests, as needed
- 0 – 2 years total professional experience in finance, accounting, or consulting
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university
- Basic financial modelling
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Forecasting & Reporting Systems
Vitality is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs.