Bring your “A” game! Be our new Finance and Legal Executive Assistant at the Vitality Group!
We’re Vitality, improving people’s health around the world through best-in-class evidence, science, technology and most importantly our people. Vitality encourages changes in lifestyle that reduce health care costs, both in the short run and long term, by rewarding members for addressing their specific health issues. Vitality wellness programs serve companies in a wide range of sizes and industries, improving individuals’ health and well-being as well as employers’ bottom lines. Vitality brings a global perspective through successful partnerships with large employers and best-in class insurers around the world, in countries including the United States, United Kingdom, South Africa, China, Singapore, Japan, Pakistan, Netherlands, South America and Australia. Join Vitality and transform health around the world.
We’re looking for a highly professional, organized and dynamic Executive Assistant to support our finance and legal teams. This individual will work directly with the Chief Financial Officer and the General Counsel as well as other members of the Vitality Group Legal Team. The ideal candidate should be a motivated and detail-oriented self-starter who is able to anticipate the needs of the legal and at times, finance team, and effectively multitask and prioritize with limited guidance. This individual must project a professional demeanor at all times and exhibit great discretion and integrity. This is a unique opportunity for someone looking for a challenging position in a fast-paced and energetic environment, who is not uncomfortable with taking on a lot of responsibility quickly and wants to participate actively in the organization’s overall success.
The position requires strong computer and organizational skills, clear communication, problem solving skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of the organization, as well as outside guests and clients. This position will be located in our downtown Chicago, IL office.
If you have an entrepreneurial mind-set, are eager for international exposure, appreciate calculated risks and can assume responsibility for your role, then the Vitality Group environment is the place for you.
- Prepare legal templates and basic form contracts
- Organize, maintain and manage corporate record books
- Preparation for and/or supporting the CFO and General Counsel in the creation of materials and presentations for executive and Board meetings
- Support in the writing and completion of tasks for mandated filings for the South African Reserve Bank, Delaware Secretary of State and other regulatory bodies
- Keep legal documents and contracts organized by establishing and organizing files, inputting into the database, generating status reports and advising legal associates of impending critical dates
- Creating and delivering notices as required under contracts
- Keep key internal and external stakeholders informed by maintaining contact and communicating progress as needed
- Professional written communication with internal and external contacts
- Liaise regularly with international executives for scheduling
- Coordinate meetings and events as needed, including agenda preparation, evaluating venues, arranging transportation, meals, etc.
- Ability to take highly detailed notes from meetings or presentations and to compose summarized minutes for distribution
- Administrative Assistant tasks such as managing the calendar and travel receipts of the General Counsel and Chief Financial Officer as well as minor tasks such as printing, obtaining signatures and other organizational efforts.
- Make travel arrangements and act as liaison to Company travel agency for the General Counsel and Chief Financial Officer
- Offer support and assistance to other functions and employees as needed (and directed) on special projects and/or events
- Prepare detailed spreadsheets and reports (Excel)
- Reconciles, enters, and submits monthly expense reports
- Handles legal and financial matters for the legal team with confidentiality
- Ability to take notes or make verbatim records of meetings or conferences and to compose minutes from such notes or records
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of two years in an administrative support or related role with increasing levels of responsibility in a legal setting
- Experience in legal writing and research
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to high-quality, error-free work
- Strong computer skills including expert use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in coordination of people, projects, events and resources
- Experience with various meeting formats (video, telepresence and other electronic conferencing media)
Vitality is an equal opportunity employer